The 5511 universal scale controller is a compact all-in-one scale controller designed for fill-by-weight and in-motion checkweigh operations. All the I/O required to operate virtually any type of filler system or in-motion scale is included, as is a simple user-friendly interface with a color touch screen.
Housed in a NEMA 4X (IP65) enclosure, and configured as a mechanical and functional drop-in replacement for many controllers, such as the GSE series of controllers, this extremely powerful controller upgrades any customer installation to include the most advanced filling and weighing algorithms available on the market.
Built in 24VDC inputs and outputs, with optional 110VAC outputs allow for direct connection to all types of filling systems. On-board serial ports and Ethernet TCP/IP ports allow for high-level connection and remote operation of the 5511. Program updates can be easily emailed and up-loaded via a simple Ethernet switch and CAT5 cable and the user’s laptop. No more waiting for delivery of boards or EPROMs to correct a problem or add a feature.
We know packaging. Thompson Scale Company has spent the past 40 years refining fill-by-weight and in-motion weighing controls, and provides some of the premier industrial packaging manufacturers with our controls. We know environments too. The 5511 offers options for use in everything from food-grade to Class I Division 1 explosive areas. We know support. A wide network of scale service and integration companies across North America work with Thompson Scale Co. to service our products.
The 5511 includes pre-defined programs for:
3 zone Checkweighers
Manifest – Logistics Checkweighers
Generic Filling Systems (bulk/dribble/complete I/O)
Gross packers (air, impeller, auger, open-mouth)
Net Weigh fillers (gravity/gravity, gravity/vibrate, belt-fed)
Bulk Bag fillers (settlers, vibration grids, dust collection, etc)
High sample rates, field-proven filling and auto-correction algorithms and complete I/O make the 5511 a simple and cost-effective solution to your customer’s automated filling and weighing applications.
- Large (5.7″ diag, 480 x 320 pixel) back-lit Color LCD graphical display
- Variable character sizes from .25″ to 1.2″
- Operator prompts based on program and functions selected
- Display up to four scale channels per screen with required
- Simple easy-to-understand static calibration, regardless of weight range
- NEMA 4X/IP66 FRP enclosure
- Selectable A/D measurement rate up to 500/second
- 100 recipes; target & limits or target and bulk/dribble
- Easily add additional scale I/O cards
- Program and configuration saved to non-volatile memory
- Connect and upgrade programs via Ethernet TCP/IP Port
- Store and restore recipes and program configurations
- Power for 16, 350 ohm load cells per A/D board
- RS-232, RS-422 and Ethernet TCP/IP Ports included
The 5511 is the next step in simple ready-to-use controls for your filling and weighing applications. No hassle, easy to configure and intelligent support included.