Thompson Model 5297 Universal Filler Controller
Some applications demand the same degree of integration and automatic control offered
by our Model 4693 Universal Filler Controller, but don't require the multiple product settings, and reporting features. In answer to this need, Thompson Scale developed the Model 5297 Universal Filler Controller.
The Model 5297 Universal Filler Controller is a scaled-down version of the 4693 controller. It offers the same user friendly menus, easy to follow calibration, and automatic zero and tracking features. The 5297 has the ability to operate only one filler at a time. It has a single product set-up, which is the simple entry of Net Target Weight, and a simple serial port to transmit out each final fill weight.
Customers wanting more than a simple weigh meter with set points or a combination of a weigh meter and PLC will find the 5297 to be the answer.
Programming within the 5297 Filler Controller contains pre-configured set-ups for:
- Air Packers
- Auger Packers
- Impeller Packers
- Net Weigh Scales (Simplex only)
- Bulk Bag Fillers
- Bulk Box or Bag-in-Box Fillers
- Liquid Drum Fillers
Simply select the program and parameters you require, and the controller
self-configures all I/O and displays for that specific type of filler machinery.
The 5297 Filler Controller is a wonderful entry-level integrated controller that contains the features and ease of use customers want at a price they can easily afford.
5297 Filler Controller Standard Features
- NEMA 4X 14" x 12" x 8" Fiberglass enclosure with S.S. hardware
- Environmentally sealed membrane keyboard with tactile feedback
- High resolution LCD graphics module with high contrast display and adjustable back lighting for optimum viewing in virtually any environment
- Large, bold weight characters are easy to view. Operator prompts displayed are; Gross, Net, TARE, Lbs., kg., Fill Status and Target Weight Reference prompts such as Ready, Filling, Bulk, Dribble, and Inhibit Discharge., let the operator know the exact status of the machinery
- Password protected configuration allows selection of filler type; Valve (e.g., air, auger, impeller), Net Weigh Scale, Drum, Tote, and Bulk Bag. Each configuration displays recipes tailored to the specific appication
- Adjustable sample rate and filter frequency allow highest possible weight conversion and noise immunity without sacrificing speed and accuracy
- Two key stroke access to change current Target Weight. Select either auto or manual setpoints and choose auto or manual feedback
- Exclusive 1st Cycle feature automatically gauges product flow rates and internally sets most efficient Bulk and Dribble cut-off points. No set points to enter, no Pre-Act to set!
- Auto compensation for variations in flow rates and bulk density. Manual adjustment of SPC feature allows the 5297 Filler Controller to be tailored to your specific application Bulk and Dribble fill with options for Bulk Only, and settings for 1, 2, or 3 second Dribble
- Multiple printer formats for ticket, unit listing, and totalizing
- All necessary I/O to fully operate your packaging machinery. Interfaces for placers, conveyors, and interlocks are included as standard. Specialized programming available!
Contact your local distributor or call Thompson Scale Co. direct for more information. You can also review the 5297 Filler Controller's operator manual on this website. Ask about our high-level Model 4693 Universal Filler Controller.